Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Getting to know FOCUS

As my first full month as a full time FOCUS and Varsity Catholic Missionary comes to a close I thought that it would be a good time to start this blog and share what I've been doing for the last month, as I've gotten to know FOCUS better and also to invite you to get to know FOCUS.

As most of my friends and family know, since January I have planning to serve with FOCUS, the fellowship of Catholic university students where I will be working for a division of FOCUS called Varsity Catholic, outreach specifically designed for student athletes.

I spent the month of June at the University of Illinois in Champaign, IL. Where our days consisted of an hour of prayer, classes (which consisted of bible studies, apologetics, prayer life, and getting to know the team), daily mass, and then fellowship with my fellow missionaries. During the 1st week of June I learned that I would be heading to New Jersey to work at Seton Hall University.

Since I left Champaign I have been getting ready to leave for New Jersey, which I will do in just a few weeks. I wanted to write this blog to preview for my friends and family what FOCUS is and what I'll be doing as a missionary. Once we're on campus missionaries will look to spiritually multiply by fulfilling our mission statement which is to know Christ Jesus, and to fulfill His Great Commission, by first living and then communicating the fullness of life within the Family of God, the Church. I am very excited to start doing this in New Jersey.

And I am very excited to have you (my friends and family)be a part of this by following my life in FOCUS. Which if you read the top of my page is not only about life in the organization FOCUS but also a closer look at my life in New Jersey. I look forward to hearing from you while I am out east and hopefully seeing you in WI before I leave in a few weeks. I expect my next blog to be shortly after I arrive in New Jersey. I will be driving out there so I ask that on August 13th and 14th you keep me in your prayers.

Your brother in Christ,

AJ

2 comments:

  1. AJ,
    I'm am so proud of you. I will be thinking of you and your mission often. If there's anything I can ever do for you, please never hesitate to ask.
    ~Nicol~
    P.S.- Let's Skype! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ,

    Best of luck! I received your letter in the mail. I will see what I can do to contribute to your experience! Let me know how everything goes. I'll be following the blog.

    ReplyDelete