Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Stay with me Lord

To continue to draw closer to Jesus this Lent I want to share a prayer with you that I pray often and I think is especially fitting for the Lenten season.

The prayer comes from St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina. He was a priest in Italy from 1910 until his death in 1968. Not only is he a Saint in heaven but he is a canonized Saint of the Catholic Church. He is someone that touched many lives while he was here on earth and because of his great witness and selfless life that he committed to Jesus Christ, he continues to be someone that Catholics and Christians look up to today. Here is a link for more information about St. Padre Pio. I know that every time I read about him or listen to someone talk about him I am surprised to learn something that he did or something that happened to him.

http://www.ewtn.com/saintsHoly/saints/P/stpioofpietrelcina.asp



The prayer that I am sharing here is a prayer that someone shared with me and is part of what is known as "Padre Pio's Prayer after receiving Holy Communion". It is a prayer that I find a lot of meaning in and it really hits my heart when I pray this after receiving Communion, which as Jesus tells us in the 6th chapter of the Gospel of John, that He is the Bread of Life and that Holy Communionis is His Body and His Blood. Here's the prayer.........

Stay with me, Lord, for it is necessary to have You present so that I do not forget You.

Stay with me, Lord, because I am weak and I need all Your strength, that I may not fall so often.

Stay with me, Lord, for You are my life and without You I am without fervor.

Stay with me, Lord, for You are my light and without You I am in darkness.

Stay with me, Lord, to show me Your will.

Stay with me, Lord, so that I hear Your voice and follow You.

Stay with me, Lord, for I desire to love You very much and always be in Your company.

Stay with me, Lord, if You wish me to be faithful to You.

Stay with me, Lord, as poor as my soul is I want it to be a place of consolation for You, a nest of Love.




Lord, may this prayer draw us closer to you as we approach and prepare for You this Easter Sunday.

"Pray, hope, and don't worry." - St. Padre Pio

St. Padre Pio, Pray for us.

VERSO L'ALTO

No comments:

Post a Comment