Monday, May 23, 2011

May 22

On a recent blog post I said that I was going to share why May 22nd was a special day for me. It turned out to be a little less special in my earthly eyes, but I know in the world to come and that right now God has used it in a way I can't imagine.

On August 22, 2010 I started praying for, I adopted an unborn child through prayer. That day in August was the first day that I prayed this prayer (and have prayed for the last 9 months):

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the unborn baby that I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion."

Here is the rest of the text on the prayer card that I used:
To help stop the anti-life push in the world the late Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen encouraged the spiritual adoption of an unborn child. This is done by praying that one particular but unknown child's life be spared abortion and be allowed to continue to live. To help accomplish this, it was recommended, an individual say the following daily prayer for a period of nine months.

The name I wish to give my baby is:_________. During your earthly life this spiritually adopted child of yours will be known only to God but in the world to come it is hoped that you will meet the souls of your prayers saved and spend eternal happiness with them.

Jesus may your peace and your love embrace the hearts, minds, and souls of the family, friends, and loved ones who encourage this abortion and lead them all to your sacred and Eucharistic heart.

A beautiful prayer, that I have loved to pray over the last 9 months. But this last weekend, on a day that I should have been rejoicing, I found it hard to pray for anything other than a 6 month old baby boy named Owen. Owen has been given a 2% chance to live. He stopped breathing on Saturday night and even lost his heartbeat for a short time. After some tests were run it was found that Owen had no brain activity. The next few days a lot will be determined. Please pray that decisions will not have to be made and that a miracle will happen. Please pray to our Lord that Owen will recover. Please pray for the intercession and prayers of our brothers and sisters in heaven, especially to Blessed Pope John Paul II who had a very special affection for youth while he was on earth. Pray for a miracle.

Owen, you are loved so much. Keep fighting and find strength in the prayers going up for you. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment